Weekend Plans

Weekend Plans: Rock out to Luke Bryan in the Carrier Dome, march for Bernie Sanders

Frankie Prijatel | Senior Staff Photographer

Orange Pulse Dance Troupe will present their annual showcase this weekend.

The excitement of last weekend won’t make it an easy one to follow up, but don’t miss all of the great events on campus and in Syracuse this weekend.

Luke Bryan performs in the Carrier Dome

One World Concert

Daily Orange file photo

Catch this country star bring his “Kill The Lights” tour to The Carrier Dome Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Country artists Little Big Town and Dustin Lynch will be opening for Bryan. “Kill the Lights,” Bryan’s newest and fifth studio album, came out in the beginning of August. After about a week the album debuted at No. 1 on both the Billboard Top 200 and Top Country Albums charts. Tickets for the show are still available via Ticketmaster.

More: Weiser-Schlesinger: Why I don’t care that Luke Bryan is coming to the Carrier Dome | Tickets to see Luke Bryan in the Carrier Dome sold out Monday morning | Luke Bryan to perform in Carrier Dome on April 9

March for Bernie Sanders

092115_N_BernieWestcottRally_MoriahRatner_APE
Moriah Ratner | Staff Photographer

Central New Yorkers supporting presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the 2016 election will march through Armory Square Syracuse Saturday at noon. Supporters will meet at S. Franklin and Walton streets, then will head east on Walton Street, south on Clinton Street, east on Adams Street, and north on Salina Street. There will be a speaker at one stop during the march, and several more at the end.

More: Hillary Clinton stops by Varsity Pizza | Donald Trump to reportedly hold rally in Syracuse

Orange Pulse Dance Troupe presents “Spellbound”

4516N_OrangePulseDancing_WEB4_FrankiePrijatel_SP

Orange Pulse Dance Troupe is performing in their 13th annual charity showcase, “Spellbound,” this weekend. The dance group will perform one show at 8 p.m. Friday and the other at noon Saturday in Goldstein Auditorium. Tickets are available, costing $3 for students and $5 for the public, at the Schine Box Office and online http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?organ_val=33208&schedule=list. All proceeds from the show will benefit the Samaritan Center in Syracuse.

More: Orange Pulse rehearsal gallery