Music

Luke Bryan to perform in Carrier Dome on April 9

Country music star Luke Bryan is scheduled to perform in the Carrier Dome on April 9, 2016, the singer announced Tuesday on his website.

The country singer announced his 2016 “Kill the Lights” tour dates on Tuesday afternoon, which included a spring concert in the Dome. Opening for Bryan will be country artists Little Big Town and Dustin Lynch. Syracuse.com first reported the news.

Tickets will be available in November, according to Bryan’s website.

The show will be the second big concert the Dome has hosted outside of University Union sponsored events, as Billy Joel performed for a record seventh time in the Dome in March.

Bryan has been named Entertainer of the Year three times by two of country music’s largest awards organizations: the Academy of Country Music and the Country Music Association.

In addition, the 39-year-old, who is from Nashville, Tennessee, has been nominated for Artist of the Year and Favorite Male Country Artist for this year’s American Music Awards, according to his website. The AMAs will take place on Nov. 22.

“Kill the Lights,” Bryan’s latest and fifth studio album, was released in early August. After about a week the album debuted at No. 1 on both the Billboard Top 200 and Top Country Albums charts.

Bryan’s single “Strip It Down” hit No. 1 on the country single charts, making it his 14th career No. 1 single, according to Bryan’s website. Some of his other hits include “Drunk on You,” “Do I,” “That’s My Kind of Night” and “Play it Again.”

The concert in the Dome will be the 12th concert on Bryan’s “Kill the Lights” tour, which begins on Feb. 18, 2016 in Evansville, Indiana.