Crime

Suspect who robbed, stabbed SU student at Park Point arrested

A man who robbed and stabbed a Syracuse University student at the student's Park Point apartment on Monday was arrested Wednesday by the Syracuse Police Department.

The suspect of a robbery and stabbing in the Park Point apartment building on Monday was arrested by the Syracuse Police Department on Wednesday, police said.

Dominick Kelly, a 27-year-old Syracuse native, was arrested in the 400 block of S. Salina St. and charged with burglary in the first degree, assault in the second degree, grand larceny in the fourth degree and criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree, according to an SPD release.

Kelly is awaiting arraignment at the Onondaga County Justice Center, according to the release.

The man had entered a Syracuse University student’s Park Point apartment at 417 Comstock Ave. through a window on Monday morning. After the student woke to find the man in her apartment, a struggle ensued and the student was stabbed in the upper back with a knife, according to the release.

The suspect left the room, stealing a wallet on his way out, according to the release.

The victim was taken to Upstate University Hospital by SU Ambulance to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries, according to the release.

The Department of Public Safety and SPD worked together on the investigation in order to arrest the suspect, according to an updated SPD release.