3 candidates to face off in mayoral primary

Syracuse’s Democratic mayoral primary election is Tuesday, with three candidates vying for the ticket. The Daily Orange provides a breakdown for each candidate. Each box includes the candidates’ age, hometown, education and a brief description of their platform.

Incumbent: Stephanie Miner

Age: 43

Hometown: Syracuse

Education: Syracuse University

Stephanie Miner’s re-election campaign is focusing on economic development and job creation for the city, education and youth, public safety, community development and neighborhoods, sustainability and the environment and government modernization. In Miner’s campaign, she said she hopes to continue making Syracuse a 21st Century city.

Source: minerformayor.com

Pat Hogan

Age: 63

Hometown: Syracuse

Education: Onondaga Community College

Pat Hogan is currently the District 2 Common Councilor, and also serves as majority whip. His campaign platform is to fight for the concerns of neighborhood residents on quality of life issues and to restore “fairness and openness in city government.”

source: pathoganformayor.com

Alfonso Davis

Age: 47

Hometown: Syracuse

Education: Onondaga Community College

Alfonso Davis is returning to Syracuse’s 2013 Democratic mayoral primary after losing to Stephanie Miner in 2009 during the Democratic primary. His campaign advocates for revitalizing neighborhoods and bringing businesses back to the city. Davis’ plan for economic growth includes commitment to small businesses, working with New York state and providing incentives for businesses to move into the city.

—Compiled by Alfred Ng, asst. news editor, [email protected]