Events Tracker

Start the school year in style with these 4 orientation events

Jessica Klein | Contributing Photographer

Citrus in the City is one of the most anticipated Syracuse Welcome events. With food from local Syracuse staples and performances from SU groups, freshmen come to experience a glimpse of the semester to come.

Snapshots and Swag
Take your picture and pick up some free Syracuse University merch outside of Schine this week. The Office of Alumni Engagement and the Student Alumni Council will be at the Einhorn Family Walk from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Thursday.
When: August 24- 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Where: Einhorn Family Walk

New Student Picnic & Orange Celebration
New students are invited to a picnic in the JMA Wireless Dome after the New Student Convocation. New students, family and friends are welcome to join on Thursday night from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.. The university will also hold a pep rally on the Shaw Quadrangle following the New Student Picnic.
When: August 24 – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Where: JMA Wireless Dome

Orange Blast
On Friday from 9 p.m. to midnight, the Orientation Leaders will hold an involvement fair on the university’s quad. Learn how to become involved on campus with the help of student representatives at the Orange Blast Involvement Fair.
When: August 25 – 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Where: Shaw Quadrangle

Citrus in the City
Get off campus and explore downtown Syracuse at Citrus in the City located in Clinton Square. Buses will take students downtown from College Place, Stadium Place and the Goldstein Student Center beginning at 5 p.m. on Saturday to enjoy live music and food from local restaurants.
When: August 26 – 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Where: Bus Locations Above