Tennis

Syracuse releases 2020 tennis schedule

Corey Henry | Photo Editor

Syracuse made its first ever appearance in the ITA National Team Indoor Championship in 2019.

Syracuse released its 2020 tennis schedule Tuesday morning. The 20 game slate will begin on Jan. 19 at Richmond and features 12 home appearances at Drumlins Country Club. The Orange will match up against 13 ACC opponents, concluding at Florida State on Apr. 10.

Head Coach Younes Limam looks to build on a rising program coming off a historic campaign last spring in which the Orange made their first ever appearance in the ITA National Team Indoor Championship and featured the program’s highest ranking to date. A home-heavy schedule will give Syracuse the opportunity to take another step forward this spring.

After a pair of road games to begin the season, the Orange will settle in with a nine-game home stretch from Jan. 26 to Mar. 1.

Nonconference opponents Cornell, Boston University, and St. Johns will visit Drumlins Country Club before Syracuse gets its first ACC challenge from Boston College on Feb. 15. Duke, Notre Dame and Louisville come to town from Feb. 23 to Mar. 1, a stretch that will be very important in gauging Syracuse’s abilities.

A three-game March road trip will be capped off against defending ACC champs UNC, who wrapped up last season ranked 3rd in the nation. The Orange will conclude their season with home meetings against Wake Forest and Clemson followed by visits to Virginia Tech on Apr. 5 and Florida State on Apr. 10.

The ACC tournament will run from April 15-19, where Syracuse will compete to return to the NCAA tournament for a third straight year.