ducks

Duck: Anna Genus

Sarah Allam | Illustration Editor

Oh, the D.O., what a short, crazy trip it has been.

I may have only worked in-house for two semesters, but The Daily Orange has taught me so much and has provided me with so many opportunities I did not think were possible.

When I first joined, I was only looking to gain more experience working behind the camera and finally—finally learn how to use Premiere. I did not think that The Daily Orange would later have such a monumental impact on me. I did not think that I would be in the place where I am now, teaching others all my video tips and tricks and preparing to move on to big things in Los Angeles. Well, The D.O., I thank you for that.

Tucked behind that little red door is a place filled with hard work, long hours, and tight deadlines, but there is also friendship, laughter, and memories that I will cherish for all the days to come.

Allison: All I have to say is thank goodness crafting is our hobby and not our profession. Neither of us would be so over-the-moon excited about where our lives are taking us now if we spent any more time on our clearance section art projects. I am so very proud of you, and everything that you have accomplished in just the last year alone. How can someone be so successful by the age of 20? Like, come on.

Meredith: Thank you for being you. You are the mom of our apartment, and you always seem to have it together. You are going to go so far in life that I have no doubts you will be able to get your two-car garage and house in Hawaii. And, well, there yeah have it: Paradise.

Amy and Kevin: Wow, just wow. You have made such an amazing team, and I do not even care if you are both good cop. It worked out so well. I am so glad that we got to be the last little group to close the door in digital because we always had some great tea to spill. Either that or we just needed some time to laugh to ourselves about pronunciation videos. If one of you finds out where Bridger is, let me know. 

Ghael: You are literally the classiest person I know who also gives—hands down—the best advice. You were such a great addition to the digital team, and you, me, and Allison need to just go get coffee and talk about life.

Casey T.: You are so incredibly talented and are going to do such big things. I am so proud of you and all the work you have done this semester. I truly could not be happier that you are grabbing the reins and taking over as Video Editor. I cannot wait to see what you will do.

Sessa: Do not worry. I will not be there for April Fools this year. Peace out, Sessa, and try to save that Chia pet from the Op porch. 

Dabbundo and KJ: I will meet you guys at King of Prussia. I promise I will not get lost this time. Catch ya later.

Mackenzie: Thank you so much for being such a great video editor and friend during my time in-house. You are really one of the nicest people ever, and I will never understand how you are involved in so many clubs and activities. I truly think you are going to conquer the world someday.

Rori: I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am that you filmed your documentary in The D.O. house this semester. We all missed you so much, and you always make people smile when you walk in the room. Thank you for helping me out so much during my time at the house, and I cannot wait to see your final project.

Diana: I am sorry I ruined your video of the sky. It will not happen again. Oh, and also, no, all those phone cases are not $9.99. Never change, Diana, never change.

All of Digital in general: The best room in the house. Not even a sliver of doubt in my mind. You guys are what really made my experience at The D.O. so special. Goodbye, I love all of you.

744: rip. I may not have had the chance to write my name on one of your walls, but I did write it on some table in the basement. You will be missed.