Cross Country

Syracuse men’s cross country wins Harry Lang Invitational for 4th consecutive year

Both the men's and women's teams finished in the top-two at Colgate.

At the Harry Lang Invitational hosted by Colgate, the Syracuse men’s cross country team placed first out of seven teams as four Syracuse runners finished in the top-five. The Orange ended the day with 31 points and the victory marked their fourth-straight win at the event.

The race served as an opportunity for many underclassmen to gain some collegiate experience, as the Orange did not race the bulk of their top upperclassmen. Sophomore Noah Beveridge (19:53.1) led the team in second and redshirt sophomore Stephen Schulz (19:54.3) finished third. Sophomore Nathan Lawler (19:55.5) was fourth followed by sophomore Matthew Scrape (20:00.8) who finished fifth. Elsewhere, Matthew Dragon, the younger brother of redshirt junior Joe Dragon, came in 45th in his Syracuse debut.

Earlier in the day, the Syracuse women finished second in the pool with 53 points.

The women had four runners finish in the top-10. Freshman Justus Holden-Betts (17:28.1) was the best on the day for the Orange, finishing fourth. Redshirt junior Kelsey Potts (17:44.1) placed eighth, followed by redshirt freshman Olivia Elston (17:50.9) and redshirt junior Emma Wilson (17:51.0).

Next up for Syracuse is the Coast-to-Coast Battle in Beantown hosted by Boston College on Sept. 20.