See which SU Greek organizations are under sanctions

Josh Shub-Seltzer | Staff Photographer

Five fraternities at Syracuse University are under investigation or sanctions for conduct violations.

Since the beginning of the 2017-18 academic year, SU has suspended or expelled four fraternities and one sorority because of conduct violations, according to SU’s Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs.

Five other fraternities are under investigation or sanctions for conduct violations, according to FASA.

Here’s a map showing which Greek organizations are currently under sanctions:

greek-sanction-maps-1

greek-sanction-maps-2

SU has suspended or expelled the following Greek organizations since the beginning of the 2017-18 academic year:

• The Delta Tau Delta fraternity was suspended in fall 2017 for conduct violations that included hazing.
  • The Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity was suspended in spring 2018 for behavior that threatened the safety of a person participating in its new member process.
  • The Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity was suspended in spring 2018 after a months-long hazing investigation.
  • The Theta Tau fraternity was permanently expelled in spring 2018 after videos surfaced showing people participating in behaviors Syverud has called “extremely racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic, sexist, and hostile to people with disabilities.”
  • The Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha sorority was banned from operating at SU in fall 2018, according to FASA. The nature of the conduct violations is currently unclear.

According to FASA, the following SU Greek organizations are being sanctioned for code of conduct violations:

• The Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity is on disciplinary probation through December 2019, and social probation through December 2018, for conduct violations related to hazing.
  • The Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity is under investigative status. The nature of the possible conduct violations is currently unclear.
  • The Sigma Chi fraternity is on disciplinary probation through May 2019. It is also under investigative status for possible conduct violations. The nature of the conduct violations is currently unclear.
  • The Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity is on disciplinary probation through December 2019. The nature of the conduct violations is currently unclear.
  • Zeta Beta Tau is on disciplinary probation through December 2018. It is also under investigative status. The probation stems from an investigation into behavior that included ZBT members spitting into potential members’ mouths, Dean of Students Robert Hradsky confirmed in September.

The Psi Upsilon fraternity was on disciplinary reprimand through October 2018. The nature of the conduct violations are currently unclear.

— Compiled by The Daily Orange News Staff.