T-Pain to headline National Pan-Hellenic Council’s 2018 Greek Freak Night

T-Pain will help kick off this year’s National Pan-Hellenic Council’s Greek Freak Concert with a performance at Syracuse University this weekend.

The rapper — whose full name is Faheem Rasheed Najm — is best known for hit singles such as “Buy You a Drank,” “Best Love Song” and “I’m in Luv (With a Stripper),” along with collaborations with artists like Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown.

Before T-Pain takes on the Orange Nation, here are five things you need to know.

He’s performed at SU before

This weekend’s concert will be a bit of a homecoming for T-Pain, save for the football tailgating and Dome nachos. T-Pain previously performed at SU in April 2009 as part of the university’s Greek Unity Fest.

He’s a Grammy Award-winning artist

With two Grammy Awards and 13 nominations under his belt, T-Pain’s music was a staple in 2000s rap. He won in the 2008 “Best Collaboration” category for his work with Kanye West on “The Good Life,” and repeated the feat the following year when he and Jamie Foxx won for their hit single, “Blame It.”

His stage name is short for Tallahassee Pain

T-Pain previously said he chose his stage name as a way to describe his childhood in Tallahassee, FL.

He runs his own record label

A former member of the rap group “Nappy Headz,” T-Pain developed his own label, Nappy Boy Entertainment, in 2005.

He has released five studio albums

His latest studio album, “Oblivion,” was released in November 2017 off his Nappy Boy Entertainment label. The album, his first solo project since 2011’s “Revolver,” featured tracks with fellow R&B and rap artists such as Chris Brown, Wale and Ne-Yo. Online music magazine HipHopDX praised the album, writing: “Fans of T-Pain will find that his fifth go-around is a quality cure for their six-year itch. One thing can be said for the rapper/singer: he never under-delivers — even if the expectation is for him to totally drop a masterpiece onto the world.”

T-Pain will perform as part of SU’s Pan-Hellenic Council’s 2018 Greek Freak Night on Saturday, Sept. 15 at 7 p.m. in Goldstein Auditorium, with doors opening at 6:30 p.m. SU student tickets can be purchased for $12 at the Schine Student Center Box Office.