SU Athletics

Want to watch SU sports this fall? Go to these 6 venues

Bridget Slomian | Presentation Director

Syracuse athletics will compete at six different locations around the area this fall.

The start of a new school year means the start of Syracuse University Athletics events. Check out all the places to go to watch 11 of Syracuse’s athletic teams compete this year.

Carrier Dome

The Carrier Dome is one of SU’s iconic structures. Also known as the “Loud House,” the Dome opened in 1980. The windowless coliseum with a giant marshmallow-like roof can be seen from Interstate 81. The Dome houses five of SU’s 18 teams: football, men’s and women’s basketball and men’s and women’s lacrosse. The Carrier Dome can hold close to 50,000 people for football and more than 30,000 for basketball. The Dome is near the David B. Falk School of Sport and Human Dynamics and the Heroy Geology Building. Students with season tickets will enter through Gate E, the gate closest to the Quad, and walk halfway around the concourse to the student section.

Women’s Building

The Women’s Building is serving up entertainment throughout the fall as the women’s volleyball team takes to the court. On Comstock Avenue, it’s one of the only places those on Mount Olympus can quickly access without climbing or descending an inordinate number of stairs. It’s also a short walk from the Quad. Once inside, students can get a bird’s-eye view of volleyball matches from a balcony off the second floor or sit in bleachers alongside the court.

SU Soccer Stadium

For those looking for more soccer action after the World Cup, head to the SU Soccer Stadium. The men and women each compete on the pitch near Manley Field House. Students taking the bus from Main Campus will get off at the Manley Field House South stop and walk across the parking lot to the stadium next to Ensley Athletic Center.

J.S. Coyne Stadium

Tucked between Manley Field House and Ensley Athletic Center sits the J.S. Coyne Stadium. People looking to watch field hockey should head here. Take a South Campus or Manley bus from Main Campus and get off at Manley Field House South. From there, head between the two indoor athletic complexes to reach the turf field.

tennity_jacobgreenfeld_ap1

Tennity Ice Pavilion

Tennity Ice Pavilion

Home of the women’s ice hockey team, the rink is along Skytop Road on South Campus. Get off at the Skytop/Inn Complete stop and walk to the large white building. Once inside, students can sit on the bleachers beside the rink to watch the puck drop.

James A. Ten Eyck Memorial Boathouse

The lone off-campus sports venue to see SU Athletics action this fall is the boathouse. At the Onondaga Lake Outlet in Long Branch Park, the boathouse was originally built in 1937 before being renovated in 1988.