Music

TRYON to open for Drake Bell at The Lost Horizon

Courtesy of TRYON

TRYON will perform original music, including their songs “Somebody to Love Me” and “Come Kiss Me” at Saturday’s concert.

Pop group TRYON will open for actor and musician Drake Bell on Saturday evening at The Lost Horizon. Brothers Justin and Stephen Kirk, who make up the Tennessee-based group, have been performing their entire lives.

TRYON will perform original music, including their songs “Somebody to Love Me” and “Come Kiss Me” at Saturday’s concert. General admission tickets cost $15 and can be purchased online. The performance is open to all age groups.

The Daily Orange spoke with TRYON via email ahead of their performance.

The Daily Orange: How do you feel to be opening for Drake Bell?

TRYON: We have toured with Drake Bell before and you can always count on a good time. Being on the road is always a blast and being able to share the stage with someone that so many people looked up to as kids is a cool experience.

The D.O.: What are you looking forward to on this tour?

TRYON: The thing we are looking most forward to is seeing people in person that we connect with in other ways. Whether it’s social media fans, people who have seen the show before or industry relationships we have made, it’s always great to get in front of the people that you know love the music you make.

The D.O.: What are some of your goals for this tour?

TRYON: The goal for any tour is to meet as many people as possible and try and make them fans of what we do. This tour is special because we are playing more intimate settings — smaller rooms always give the opportunity to really connect with the audience.

The D.O.: Have you performed in Syracuse before?

TRYON: We have, we love the ‘Cuse. We were lucky enough to chart our first single and Syracuse was one of the first markets to really support us. The love we get from our fans in Syracuse is unlike anywhere else. We always feel like family.

The D.O.: What inspired you to write your songs “Come Kiss Me” and “Somebody to Love Me”?

TRYON: We have always been fans of Michael Jackson and a ton of other 1980s musicians, so for “Somebody to Love Me” we started with a track that fit a vibe we were going for. The song practically wrote itself. It’s about the journey that everyone has had (of) loving someone and hoping they feel the same way.

“Come Kiss Me” is a different story. That song was written for a friend who was getting married and asked us to write them a song. I think love is one of the most inspiring things ever so to see it at that level, where they were promising themselves to each other forever, is a beautiful thing.