New York State Fair 2017

Great New York State Fair’s 2017 Chevy Court lineup packed with popular performers

Over two dozen musical acts will perform on the at the Stan Colella Stage at Chevy Court for the 2017 New York State Fair.

For almost two weeks fairgoers can catch a free concert at the Stan Colella Stage at Chevy Court for the 2017 New York State Fair. Here’s who’s performing:

Aug. 24 — The Family Stone

The Family Stone continues to perform the music of Sly and the Family Stone with two of the founding members — Jerry Martini and Greg Errico — keeping the music alive. The band’s vocalist, Phunne Stone, who goes by Ray Syl, is the daughter of two of the band’s other founders — Sly Stone and Cynthia Robinson. At 2 p.m. the band will play classics like “Thank You (Falettin Me Be Mice Elf Agin),” “Everyday People” and “Dance to the Music.”

Aug. 24 — Chevelle

While touring its eighth album, “The North Corridor,” the rock-hard band Chevelle will perform at Chevy Court at 8 p.m. Thursday, August 24. The new album channels the band’s earlier works with heavier, harder sound paired with mature, message-filled lyrics.

Aug. 25 — The Fabulous Thunderbirds

Founder Kim Wilson brings the Texas blues band to Chevy Court on Friday, August 25 at 2 p.m. Wilson labels the band an “American band” because they cross many genres within the traditional blues. Some of the band’s top tracks are singles like “Tuff Enuff” and “Wrap It Up.”

Aug. 25 — The Beach Boys

The Beach Boys will bring their classic rock ‘n’ roll hits to the Great New York State Fair on Friday night, August 25 at 7. The band has produced 36 Billboard top-10 hits. This is the band’s 13th time at the Fair.

Aug. 26 — Stephen Marley

Reggae legend Bob Marley’s eldest son Stephen Marley comes to Chevy Court Saturday afternoon, August 26 at 2. This will be Marley’s first solo appearance at the Fair since performing with Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers. Marley’s hits include “Scars On My Feet,” “Medication” and “Hey Baby.”

Aug. 26 — Symphoria

Syracuse-based symphony orchestra Symphoria is set to take the stage at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 26. Formed in 2008, the nonprofit orchestra performs 50 concerts every year for about 100,000 people. The orchestra’s members come to Syracuse from countries all over the world.

With various conductors, Symphoria’s performances change for every concert. Principal pops conductor Sean O’Loughlin led the orchestra for the Independence Day celebration at Lakeview Amphitheater, conducting music from Disney movies like “Star Wars” and “Pirates of the Caribbean.”

Aug. 27 — Lynyrd Skynyrd

American rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd will take the stage at Chevy Court Sunday, August 27 at 1 p.m. The band still performs as original member Gary Rossington is joined by its other members to carry on classics, including “Sweet Home Alabama.”

Aug. 27 — Earth, Wind & Fire

On Sunday night, August 27 at 8, Earth, Wind & Fire will bring its classic soul style to Chevy Court. Since the band began in 1969, it has released 23 albums, produced eight Double Platinum Top 10 Pop Albums and sold more than 90 million albums worldwide. The band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000.

Aug. 28 — Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone

Peter Noone was only 15 years old when the band gained popularity during the 1960s British Invasion. Herman’s Hermits will perform at Chevy Court on Monday, August 28 at 2 p.m. Noone has performed at the Fair seven times over three decades with the band’s hits like “I’m Into Something Good,” “Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got A Lovely Daughter” and “Just A Little Bit Better.”

Aug. 28 — Kansas

With hits like “Carry On Wayward Son” and “Dust In the Wind,” rock group Kansas will perform at Chevy Court on Monday night, August 28 at 8. The band released their debut album, “Song for America” in 1974. Last year, it released its 15th studio album, “The Prelude Implicit.”

Aug. 29 — The Marshall Tucker Band

South Carolina southern rock band The Marshall Tucker Band has sold millions of albums worldwide. The band will rock Chevy Court Tuesday afternoon, August 29 at 2. Its debut album, “The Marshall Tucker Band” is named the fifth Greatest Southern Rock Album by Gibson Guitar.

Aug. 29 — Daya

Pop singer and songwriter Daya will perform at the Chevy Court on Tuesday, Aug. 29 at 8 p.m. Daya was marked as a breakout artist to watch in 2016 with her singles “Hide Away” and “Sit Still, Look Pretty.” Daya also collaborated with The Chainsmokers on their hit “Don’t Let Me Down.”

Aug. 30 — Taylor Dayne

Dance pop music star Taylor Dayne will bring her hits like “Love Will Lead You Back” and “Prove Your Love to Me” to Chevy Court Wednesday afternoon, August 30 at 2. In 2011, she was inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame where she is recognized alongside Billy Joel and Joan Jett.

Aug. 30 — Bret Michaels

Front man of rock band Poison, Brett Michaels, will come to the Fair on Wednesday night, August 30 at 8. Since performing with Poison, Michaels has gone on to perform solo as well as behind the camera during hit shows like “Rock of Love with Bret Michaels” and “Celebrity Apprentice.”

Aug. 31 — Skid Row

Multi-platinum rock band Skid Row will bring hits like “Youth Gone Wild” and “I Remember You” to Chevy Court Thursday, August 31 at 2 p.m. The band, formed in 1986, continues with the same heavy riffs and energetic performances.

Aug. 31 — LeAnn Rimes

Country star LeAnn Rimes takes the stage at Chevy Court on Thursday night, August 31 at 8. Rimes was only 13 years old when she had her first hit song song “Blue,” which she went on to win a Grammy award  for the next year, declaring her the youngest winner ever. Rimes released her latest album, “Remnants” at the end of 2016.

Sept. 1 — A Tribe Called Red

The Canadian First Nations electronic DJ collective A Tribe Called Red will take the stage on Friday, Sept. 1 at 2 p.m. The group’s three members, 2oolman, DJ NDN and Bear Witness, joined together in 2008 to create music for cultural and social impact in Canada with a renewed Aboriginal rights movement called Idle No More.

ATCR’s music mixes modern hip-hop, traditional pow wow drums and vocals and electronic music production styles. Some of its popular songs are “Electric Pow Wow Drum,” “R.E.D.” and “Stadium Pow Wow.”

Sept. 1 — Blue Öyster Cult

Heavy metal group Blue Öyster Cult will perform at Chevy Court on Sept. 1 at 8 p.m. The performance will be the band’s third at the stage since 2010. The group was listed in VH1’s countdown of the greatest hard rock bands of all time. “Don’t Fear the Reaper” is the band’s most popular song.

Sept. 2 — DNCE

Joe Jonas’s dance-rock group DNCE will perform at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 2. Known for their catchy summer anthems, some of DNCE’s hits include “Cake by the Ocean” and “Kissing Strangers,” featuring Nicki Minaj.

Sept. 3 — Spin Doctors

Spin Doctors will make their debut at the Fair at Chevy Court on Sunday, September 3 at 2 p.m. With their hit “Pocket Full of Kryptonite,” the band rose to fame in the 1990s, selling over 10 million copies worldwide.

Sept. 3 — Migos

Hip-hop trio Migos will make its debut at the New York State Fair at the Stan Colella Stage at Chevy Court. Migos will perform at 8 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 3.

Migos encompasses rappers Quavo, Offset and Takeoff. The trio broke into the music industry in 2009. Their hit song “Bad and Boujee” topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart for months. Some credit the group as the originator of the “dab” dance move following the release of the song “Look at My Dab.”

Sept. 4 — UB40

The English reggae band UB40 first gained popularity for its reggae covers of pop songs from the 1960s alongside original songs. The band will bring their hits like “Red, Red Wine” and “Can’t Help Falling in Love” to Chevy Court Monday afternoon, September 4 at 1.

Sept. 4 — Kool & The Gang

American funk and R&B band Kool & The Gang will complete the fair’s finale lineup. The band will hit the Chevy Court stage at 6 p.m. on Labor Day. Fireworks will illuminate the fairgrounds at the end of the set.

Some of the group’s most popular songs include “Funky Stuff,” “Celebration” and “Get Down on It.” Originally formed as a jazz ensemble, the band produced two platinum albums and were one of the most popular R&B groups of the 1980s. They last appeared at Chevy Court in 2010.

Here’s the full 2017 Chevy Court lineup.