Student Association

James Franco, Angie Pati elected president and vice president of Student Association’s 61st legislative session

Moriah Ratner | Staff Photographer

James Franco, right, and Angie Pati, left, both sitting on the couch, will serve as president and vice president of Student Association's 61st legislative session, respectively.

James Franco and Angie Pati have been elected as Student Association’s next president and vice president, respectively, with polls closing Thursday night.

Franco, a junior political science and history double major, and Pati, a junior neuroscience and psychology dual major, defeated Martin J. Whitman School of Management students Tyler Rossi and Roy Tin.

BREAKING- Franco wins election. pic.twitter.com/hcxNEanMOk

Additionally, Cierra Britton was elected as SA’s comptroller. Britton is a student in the College of Arts and Sciences.

According to SA’s Board of Elections and Membership, 2,468 students voted in the elections. Turnout was down by more than 1,500 votes compared to last year, when more than 4,100 students voted.

Franco and Pati, who announced their candidacy in March, campaigned on the theme of “Proactivity > Reactivity.” Their platform consisted of four main pillars: safety; health and advocacy; experience and engagement; and diversity. They’ve proposed several initiatives, including a peer listening service and a shuttle service for the off-campus area around Euclid Avenue.

— Assistant News Editor Sam Ogozalek contributed reporting to this article.