Syracuse men’s basketball game day: Everything to know about Georgia Tech matchup

Stephen D. Cannerelli | Syracuse Media Group

Andrew White and the Orange have trailed by double digits in eight straight games. SU will look to avenge its loss to GT in February with a 4 p.m. tip on Saturday.

Syracuse (17-13, 9-8 Atlantic Coast) wraps up its regular season against Georgia Tech on Saturday at 4 p.m. in the Carrier Dome. The Orange has lost four of its last five, including a road loss against the Yellow Jackets nearly two weeks ago.

Here are answers to your game day questions.

How can you watch the game? Syracuse-Georgia Tech will be broadcast on the ACC Network. In the Syracuse area, it’ll be on the CW. Here are channel listings based on provider.

• Time Warner: 1212 (high-definition) or 6 (non-digital subscribers)
• DirecTV: 14
• Verizon Fios: 506 (high-definition) and 6 (standard-definition)
• Dish Network: 14
• New Visions: 606 (high-definition) and 6 (standard-definition)

Here are channels the game will be on throughout the rest of New York

Albany (WNYA)
Binghamton (WBPN)
Buffalo (WNLO)
Burlington-Plattsburgh (WPTZ-D3)
Elmira (WJKP)
New York City (WLNY)
Rochester (WHAM-D2)
Utica (WPNY)
Watertown (WWTI)

For listings in other states, check here.

Is Syracuse ever out of a game? Because of its full-court press, the Orange has stayed alive despite trailing by double digits in eight straight games.

How does Carrier Dome security gear up for court-stormings? After three in the past month, security guards have grown accustomed to the procedure.

What motivates Georgia Tech’s Corey Heyward? His late father is the reason he puts on his jersey.

How badly do the Yellow Jackets need to beat Syracuse? A GT beat writer weighs in.

What did each team’s head coach say before the matchup? They spoke on the ACC coaches teleconference.

Will Syracuse make the NCAA Tournament? A bracketologist projected the field.

How has John Gillon hit 47 straight free throws? He’s adjusted to shooting in the Carrier Dome.

How has Tyus Battle’s game evolved? He’s incorporating a mid-range jumper recently.

What is Tyler Lydon focused on this time of year? He’s blocking out the noise surrounding him and his teammates.

Who is Syracuse’s biggest fan? Neil Gold has hardly missed a beat of SU hoops. He’s attended virtually every game over the past 21 years.

What do our beat writers predict? They all agree on who will win.

Anything else to know about Georgia Tech? Here’s a preview of the Yellow Jackets.