Andrew White and Tyus Battle earn weekly ACC honors

Jessica Sheldon | Photo Editor

Andrew White's 40-point explosion earned him the ACC Player of the Week honors

Syracuse players took home both Atlantic Coast Conference player of the week honors in its final edition of the season. Graduate transfer Andrew White was named Player of the Week while guard Tyus Battle was named Freshman of the Week.

In the Orange’s only game this week, White scored a career-high 40 points on 12-of-16 shooting and 8-of-9 from 3 in a 90-61 win over Georgia Tech. He also grabbed three rebounds, dished two assists and had two steals. White was named to the All-ACC third team on Sunday.

Battle scored 22 against the Yellow Jackets with four rebounds and one assist. He went 6-for-11 from the field and 4-for-7 from behind the arc.

No. 8 seed SU (18-13, 10-8 ACC) will face No. 9 seed Miami (20-10, 10-8) on Wednesday at noon in the second round of the ACC tournament at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Comments

University Politics

University Senate approves degree completion support plan for students affected by immigration policies

The resolution passed on Wednesday states that if students affected by immigration policies complete 75 percent or more of the credits and requirements for their respective degrees, there would be “maximum opportunity” extended to facilitate completion of their degree program with Syracuse University credits. Read more »