Crime

Interactive Crime Map: Syracuse University student arrested for assault; man arrested for shoplifting outside Newhouse

Jon Mettus | Asst. Sports Editor

Here is a round-up of criminal activity that happened near campus this week, according to police bulletins:

Confinement of companion

A Little Falls, New York man, 28, was arrested on the charge of confinement of companion, according to a police bulletin. Confinement of companion means to leave one’s pet in a car.

When: Saturday at 4 p.m.

Where: Destiny USA

Petit larceny

A Syracuse man, 62, was arrested on the charge of petit larceny, according to a police bulletin.

When: Friday at 2:55 p.m.

Where: Destiny USA

A Syracuse man, 57, was arrested near the Schine Student Center and S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications on the charge of petit larceny, according to a police bulletin.

When: Friday at 12:30 p.m.

Where: 300 block of University Place

A Syracuse girl, 17, was arrested on the charge of petit larceny, according to a police bulletin.

When: Thursday at 3:30 p.m.

Where: Destiny USA

A Syracuse girl, 16, was arrested on the charge of petit larceny, according to a police bulletin.

When: Tuesday at 7:45 p.m.

Where: Destiny USA

A Syracuse man, 46, was arrested on the charge of petit larceny, according to a police bulletin.

When: Tuesday at 11:25 a.m.

Where: Destiny USA

A Syracuse man, 18, was arrested on the charge of petit larceny, according to a police bulletin.

When: Tuesday at 3 p.m.

Where: Destiny USA

Grand larceny

A Syracuse man, 54, was arrested on the charges of grand larceny in the fourth degree and falsifying business records in the first degree, according to a police bulletin.

When: Thursday at 2:55 p.m.

Where: 400 block of Westcott Street

Assault

A Syracuse University junior in the College of Arts and Sciences, 21, was arrested on the charge of assault in the third degree, according to a police bulletin.

When: Thursday at 1:45 a.m.

Where: 400 block of Comstock Avenue

Criminal possession of a weapon

A Syracuse woman, 18, was arrested on the charges of menacing in the second degree and criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree, according to a police bulletin.

When: Tuesday at 12:01 a.m.

Where: Destiny USA

Possession of an open container

A Syracuse man, 34, was arrested on the charge of possession of an open container, according to a police bulletin.

When: Monday at 5:30 p.m.

Where: 400 block of Westcott Street