Crime

Syracuse police investigate drive-by shooting, stabbing

The Syracuse Police Department is currently investigating two separate incidents — a drive-by shooting and a stabbing — that occurred early on Sunday morning.

Syracuse Police Department officers responded to two separate incidents — a drive-by shooting and a stabbing — early on Sunday morning, according to an SPD report.

SPD officers began investigating the shooting incident at about 2:24 a.m. after an officer heard several gunshots. They identified the victim as a 48-year-old male following his arrival at Crouse Hospital.

The shooting victim stated he was a passenger in a moving vehicle on the 400 block of East Adams Street when an unknown gunman shot him. The driver took the victim to the hospital and evacuated the area. The man suffered from a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to the hip. The victim did not provide any information regarding the suspect.

At about 4:49 a.m. Syracuse police arrived at the 500 block of South Clinton Street in response to a stabbing complaint. American Medical Response ambulance personnel were already on sight and had located a 36-year-old female suffering from a stab wound in her back when police arrived.

The victim was rushed to Upstate University Hospital, where she is listed as being in serious, but stable condition. There is no suspect description available.