Women's Lacrosse

Syracuse women’s lacrosse earns No. 4 seed in NCAA tournament and will face Boston College or Stony Brook on Sunday

Hannah Wagner | Staff Photographer

Syracuse has earned a No. 4 seed and will face either Boston College or Stony Brook in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

Syracuse was selected as the No. 4 seed in the NCAA tournament on Sunday night and will face either Stony Brook or host Boston College in the second round on Sunday, May 15, in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts.

SU won’t host the second round despite having a first-round bye due to a shortage of hotel rooms in the area, according to a team spokeswoman.

The Orange finished the season with a 17-5 (5-2 Atlantic Coast) record. SU made it back to the ACC tournament championship game, but let a late lead slip at the end of the second half. Miraculously, Syracuse forced overtime but ended up losing the game to North Carolina.

The Orange averages 13 goals per game, good for the 12th best mark in the country. It’s led by Tewaaraton Award nominee and reigning ACC Offensive Player of the Year Kayla Treanor, who’s recorded 46 goals and 38 assists. Her 84 points are tied for 10th best in the country. SU’s offense is rounded out Riley Donahue, Nicole Levy and Halle Majorana, all who have racked up at least 39 goals.

Syracuse has lost to two-time defending champion Maryland at some point in the NCAA tournament each of the last three years.