Weekend Plans

Weekend Plans: watch WHAT Theatre perform ‘Almost, Maine,’ check out the films at Sundance Ignite

Frankie Prijatel | Senior Staff Photographer

From orange clothing, to beer, to snacks, this plethora of Syracuse items will help you create an ideal Final Four viewing party.

With both the men’s and women’s basketball teams in the Final Four, there has never been a weekend quite like this one in Syracuse. Make it memorable by throwing the ultimate screening party or get away from the crowds by listening to tunes at BeatleCUSE at the Landmark Theatre.

Throw a screening party for the Final Four games

4116_P_ViewingGuide2_FrankiePrijatel_SSP_Web2-3

If you’re looking to throw the quintessential Final Four party this Saturday or Sunday, look no further because The Daily Orange Pulp staff has got you covered. For game day snacks, try chips and salsa paired with a Corona Extra and lime, buffalo chicken dip and a light beer or Pretzels and an IPA. Don’t forget to buy ice and utensils when you make your pre-party store run. Read the full story for even more tips and tricks.

More: What local bars are doing for the Final Four games | Here’s how students abroad are watching the Final Four games | Spirit Squad members gearing up for Final Four

BeatleCUSE 2016

My Generation Promotions is presenting BeatleCUSE 2016, a locally-based music production that features over 50 musicians, at the Landmark Theatre Saturday at 7 p.m. Hilton Valentine and Denny Lane will be co-headlining the concert. BeatleCUSE will feature music from the entire era of The Beatles, 1960-1970. Tickets are available on ticketmaster.com ranging from $25 to $35. Part of the proceeds will go toward the Carol Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund of CNY, Inc.

Watch WHAT Theatre perform “Almost, Maine” at Schine Underground

33116_P_FTC_WEB3_ZahBarlow_APE
Zach Barlow | Assistant Photo Editor

WHAT Theatre will perform “Almost, Maine” this weekend, starting at 8 p.m. on Friday and 7 p.m. on Saturday. The play is a “vignette-style show that tells the heartwarming and heartbreaking stories of nine different couples all from a small town in Maine,” its event page says, and it’s composed of a series of short scenes. WHAT Theatre is an organization that puts on a musical in the fall and a play in the spring. It lets students of all years and majors audition for roles.

More: WHAT Theatre to put on ‘Almost, Maine’ | Jessie Mueller discusses her return to Broadway in ‘Waitress’

Enjoy films at Sundance Ignite

Sundance Ignite, a program that brings 18–24-year-olds an exclusive look at the newest films at Sundance Film Festival, is coming to Syracuse University this weekend. In Shemin auditorium on Friday, they will be screening “Cronies” from 7–9 p.m. Saturday will include a master film class with Kelly Reichardt, Mike Plante and Bethany Clarke, as well as screenings of Sundance Short Film winners “Thunder Road” and “Jungle.”

More: Sundance Ignite to bring the excitement of festival to Syracuse