Weekend Plans

Weekend Plans: Watch Danceworks’ showcase, rock out to Fall Out Boy

Courtesy of Danceworks

As Danceworks is the largest student organization on campus, your bound to see someone you know in this year's showcase.

Break up your typical weekend routine by catching a monster truck show or enjoying a bowl of chili in Thornden Park

DanceWorks

Whether or not you have any friends performing, DanceWorks’ 30th annual showcase is sure to be an entertaining one, featuring 16 performances in a multitude of dance styles including contemporary, jazz, tap and hip-hop. This year’s theme for the show, “Just Dance,” is a spin-off of the Nike slogan “Just do it.” The directors of DanceWorks said that through this theme they want to show that dance is a powerful sport. The show will take place on the nights of March 4 and 5 at 8 p.m. in Goldstein Auditorium. Tickets can be purchased in the Schine box office for $3 with a student ID or $5 for general admission.

Chili Bowl Festival

Warm up with some chili in Thornden Park field house March 5 from noon to 3 p.m. The event will be hosted by the Thornden Park Association and they say it will commemorate neighbors celebrating 20 winters in Thornden Park. There will also be music and home-brewed root beer for all to enjoy.

Monster Jam

11
Daily Orange file photo

If you’re a car or truck fan, or are even just vaguely curious, you won’t want to miss the Monster Jam that’s right on campus. It’s at the Carrier Dome March 5 with gates opening at 2 p.m. and the show starting at 7 p.m. Ticket prices start at $25. Sixteen different trucks high-flying will be featured, competing for one of the eight spots in a bracket racing competition. Before the show, there will be a “Party in the Pits” from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. where fans can look at the trucks up close on the Carrier Dome floor and meet the drivers.

Fall Out Boy

Fall Out Boy’s Wintour is Coming tour is coming to Syracuse this weekend March 6 at 7 p.m. in The Oncenter War Memorial. They’ll be performing songs from their 2015 album “American Beauty/American Psycho.” Other alt-rock bands AWOLNATION and PVRIS will be performing on the tour as well. Tickets are available at tickmatster.com.