2016 NCAA Tournament

Student Association to offer free bus travel to Houston for men’s basketball Final Four game

The Student Association is giving Syracuse University students the opportunity to travel for free by bus to Houston for the men's basketball Final Four game.

The Student Association is giving some Syracuse University students the opportunity to travel by bus for free to Houston for the men’s basketball Final Four game on Saturday.

Three buses will leave Schine Student Center on Thursday at 8 p.m. The date and time the buses will return back to Syracuse University is dependent upon the men’s basketball team’s standing in the tournament, according to an email sent to the student body by SA President Aysha Seedat on Tuesday night.

Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Students can get tickets to reserve a seat on a bus starting Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. at the Schine Box Office. Students should be prepared to show an SUID and a Final Four ticket receipt from the NCAA upon receiving a ticket.

SA also reserved a hotel block for students in need of hotel accommodations. Rooms cost $99 per night and can be split by four students, according to the email. SA will have a table set up in Schine while tickets are being distributed to make those accommodations.

The buses will have outlets, WiFi and restrooms on board.

The deadline to purchase the $40 student ticket to the Final Four game has been extended to Wednesday at 10 a.m.

Tickets for the women’s basketball team’s Final Four game will cost $25, according to the email, and SA is surveying interest to send a bus to Indianapolis for the game.