Speakers

Here are the speakers for the 2016 TEDx Syracuse University Conference

Sterling Boin | Staff Photographer

The 2016 TEDx Syracuse University conference will take place on April 16 in Slocum Auditorium. Ticket information will be available in mid-March.

The organizers of TEDx Syracuse University have announced the eight speakers for the “Glitch” theme of this year’s conference.

The eight speakers include Amy Oestreicher, Matthew Schrier, Emily Anhalt, Mark Horvath, Nick Murphy, Sean Kirst, Siddhi Sundar and Brian Kam, according to an SU News release.

The speakers will give presentations on topics including courage and selflessness, the true power of humor and the deterioration of stigmas, according to the release.

Oestreicher is an artist, actress and singer who has survived sexual abuse and severe medical trauma. Schrier is an American photographer who was held hostage by terrorists in Syria. Anhalt is a professor at Sarah Lawrence College in New York. Horvath is the founder of the blog Invisible People.

Murphy is the co-host and producer of “Continue?”, a web show that has more than 200,000 subscribers. Kirst is an award-winning columnist for Syracuse.com. Sundar is the co-founder of The Hero Lab, an organization that aims to build positive mental health practices among at-risk youth. Kam is a Class of 2015 SU alumnus who aided injured people in Nepal after an earthquake hit.

The event will take place on April 16 in Slocum Auditorium. Ticket information will be available in mid-March.