Weekend Plans

Weekend Plans: Watch a drag show, play dodgeball

Daily Orange file photo

Kick off the weekend by checking out People Union’s 14th Annual Totally Fabulous Drag Show.

Whether the perfect event to complete your weekend plans is an eccentric performance or a competitive childhood game, there’s more in Syracuse for you to be doing this weekend.

14th Annual Totally Fabulous Drag Show finals

To witness the next crowning of the queen of the Hill at the finale of People Union’s 14th Annual Totally Fabulous Drag Show, come to Goldstein Auditorium at 10 p.m. Feb. 26. The five performances will include Luck Sherri, Courtney McGuire, Lavon Top, Jasmine Tea, and Emillz & SB. Tickets to the show will cost $5 with an SU ID and $7 without one.

021215_P_DragPreliminaries_MargaretLin_WD-1
Margaret Lin | Staff Photographer

Syracuse Acoustic Blues Festival

To get your blues fix, check out the festival at 1342 Lancaster Ave. behind All Saints Church in the Westcott, Feb. 26 at 9:30 p.m. The eight acts performing in the show include Leo Crandall with Curtis Waterman, Hondo Mesa with Midnight Mike and Butternut Creek Revival. It costs $3 at the door for individuals and $5 for families.

Nourish International Dodgeball Tournament

102614_N_ClubSpec_Courtesy-1
Courtesy of Pasang Lhamo

Were you the reigning champ of your high school’s dodgeball tournament? Finally get the opportunity to show off your secret skills at the Nourish International Dodgeball Tournament. Teams can sign up in groups of six, or individuals can register. The event will be Sunday noon – 2 p.m. To participate, pay $30 for a group or $5 for an individual to the venmo account SU-Nourish.

Late Night Laser Tag

Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 1.18.45 PM
Illustration by Tony Chao

Challenge your friends to a fierce competition of laser tag this Saturday at Goldstein Auditorium at 8 p.m. tonight. Hosted by the Syracuse University Traditions Commission, the event is free for all Syracuse University students and snacks will be served.