Week in Pulp

Week in Pulp: Syracuse local runs pinball organization, humor columnist gives love advice

Courtesy of Salt City Dishes

At the Salt City Dishes dinner, applicants give five-minute pitches explaining their ideas for community projects.

It was a fun week in Pulp with stories covering everything from love advice to a central New York pinball league. Catch up any of the best feature stories you might’ve missed this week.

Punk Rock preview

unspecified-1
Courtesy of Syracuse Stage/SU Drama Complex

“Punk Rock,” a play put on by the Syracuse University Department of Drama, opened at the Syracuse Stage/ SU Drama Complex Saturday night. The show follows a group of high schoolers’ stressful and dramatic lives. Its first show received an intense responsive from the audience — gasps, laughter and tears. The show will continue playing through Feb. 28.

More: “Agamemnon,” “Underpants,”

Salt City Dishes

Salt City Dishes uses an annual crowdfunded potluck dinner to vote on community project ideas and award money to help a deserving organization reach its goals. This year’s dinner is going to be Feb. 21 at All Saints Parish near Manley Fieldhouse. It costs $20 for attendees sample local food, wine and music, and then vote on the project they want to win.

More: Roux Dining

PINheads

21716_P_PinballDominant_MoriahRatner_SP
Moriah Ratner | Staff Photographer

A Syracuse resident with a lifelong obsession with pinball wants to share his love for the game with the rest of central New York. He works with the Salt City Pinball League to organize pinball competitions and tournaments in the Syracuse area. He started his own organization, PINheads, alongside the league to promote pinball culture.

Ask Danny

The love doctor is in. Humor columnist Danny Cuneo has got all your post V-day romantic struggles. Get the scoop on all your burning questions: the appropriateness of eating food off your date’s plate, the perfect text response timing and where to put your hands while kissing.

More: See more of Danny Cuneo’s columns here