From the Runway

Panthers or Broncos? Here’s how to dress cute for the Super Bowl

With Super Bowl 50 this Sunday, it’s time to pick a team to rep: Panthers or Broncos? Watching the kickoff in style doesn’t mean sticking to basic jerseys. Instead, show your love of the game in sleek bodycons, luxe fabrics and fancy footwear and kick your average game day sweats and tees to the curb.

Syracuse University is well known for its commitment to team sports, but there’s no need to fit in with the crowd, whether you’re cheering at the field or from your living room. Getting creative with team colors helps expand your sense of personal style while showing off your team spirit.

With looks this good, everyone will ask you to pick their outfit for the next game day. Just be careful not to drop your loaded nachos on these sporty-chic outfits.

Denver Broncos:

If the Denver Broncos’ orange and navy are more your speed, try a breezy tank paired with a luxe bodycon skirt. Finish off the look with a crisp blazer and colorful loafers for preppy ensemble that’s still loose enough game day activities.

2216_P_FromtheRunway3_DorisHuang_SP_WEB

Keeping with the tradition of the collegiate influence in sports, preppy flair is an unexpected but totally fitting look for the major leagues. With more sportswear brands catering to women, you should have plenty of luck finding a team tank cut for a feminine frame.

If you’re feeling a girlier vibe, pair an oversize sweater emblazoned with your favorite team’s logo and a flirty leather skater skirt for a look that will bring you back to your first high school football game. The huge top balances out the major legginess of the ensemble. Over-the-knee socks and platforms boost the schoolgirl air while making your legs look crazy long. Adding an on-trend fringed bucket bag keeps the outfit from looking overly adolescent, while also serving as a makeshift pompom. The Broncos’ cheerleaders may have just met their match.

2216_P_FromtheRunway2_DorisHuang_SP_WEB

Carolina Panthers:

If you’d rather run with the Carolina Panthers’ blue and silver, top a shimmery club-ready bodycon dress with a silky feminine varsity jacket in a pretty print. The shrunken yet baggy fit of the varsity jacket balances out the curve-hugging dress. To keep the look from getting too girly, add classic trainers in a monochrome color scheme and a basic fitted cap for an ensemble tough enough to hang with the guys on game day. With the right prints and fits, who says sportswear can’t look good?

2216_P_FromtheRunway4_DorisHuang_SP_WEB

To get some leg room, throw an oversize jersey over leather leggings for a comfy-chic fit. Step up your style game with a navy boyfriend blazer, strappy heels, and a large envelope clutch to be the chicest girl at halftime. Statement jewelry takes the look up a notch. Go for geometric shapes to create a long, lean look. Color coordination is key for an outfit you can take from the couch to the street for post-game drinks.

2216_P_FromtheRunway1_DorisHuang_SP_WEB

Men:

Guys, don’t feel as if you need to sacrifice your personal style on game day. You can never go wrong a pair of slim fit joggers and classic high top trainers, especially in simple black or white. The letterman jacket is a timeless and chic way to show allegiance to your team of choice and keep warm as the temperatures fluctuate. Long and loose tees add dimension to an otherwise minimalist look and simple accessories add just the right amount of interest.