Football Recruiting

Syracuse football director of recruiting operations Eric White will reportedly take player personnel job at Maryland

Syracuse director of recruiting operations Eric White is reportedly leaving the Orange to take a job in player personnel at Maryland.

Syracuse football director of recruiting operations Eric White is headed to Maryland to serve in a player personnel role, according to Football Scoop.

At UMD, he joins former Orange head coach Scott Shafer, who is the Terrapins’ new defensive coordinator under new Maryland head coach D.J. Durkin.

White joined SU’s staff in the spring of 2013 after working as an assistant director of recruiting at Arkansas and Wisconsin. White helped coordinate official and unofficial visits with recruits, created plans to communicate with them via social media and monitored recruits’ academics through a recruiting database he created.

Syracuse’s last three recruiting classes, ones White helped put together, ranked 73rd, 50th and 58th, respectively, according to 247Sports.com.

SU’s Class of 2016 currently includes 13 players while its Class of 2017 has two members. Since Dino Babers’ hiring, six players have left the Class of 2016 while four have joined it. Syracuse has hired eight assistants and four support staff members under Babers. The Orange will now need a new director of recruiting operations.