Syracuse football adds 4 members to its support staff

Courtesy of Bowling Green Athletics

Dino Babers added Brad Wittke (pictured) to his support staff along with Wittke's father, Roy, Sean Edinger and Jeff Sobol. All worked with Babers at Bowling Green.

Syracuse football announced the hiring of four more staff members on Tuesday. Brad Wittke (director of football operations), Roy Wittke (director of football player development), Sean Edinger (assistant athletics director for athletic performance for football) and Jeff Sobol (assistant strength and conditioning coach for football) will all join the Orange.

All four worked with head coach Dino Babers at Bowling Green and had ties to Eastern Illinois, where Babers was head coach prior to working at BGSU.

With the hiring of Edinger, Will Hicks will remain as an assistant athletics director for athletic performance, but will work with the Olympic sports. Roy Wittke, who is Brad Wittke’s father, replaces Bob Brotzki. Brad Wittke replaces Drew Robinson.

The announcement of hiring of these four comes just one day after SU announced six assistants joining the Orange. Here’s a little bit more on the new hires.

Brad Wittke, director of football operations

In the same position at Bowling Green last season, Brad Wittke oversaw day-to-day operations including travel, team meals and other non-coaching decisions. He also previously worked with Eastern Illinois, Arizona State and the Pittsburgh Power of the Arena Football League. Brad Wittke graduated from Arizona State in 2009 with a degree in management and earned his masters in sport administration from Eastern Illinois.

Roy Wittke, director of football player development

Roy Wittke spent the last four seasons with Bowling Green, serving as the director of football operations in 2014 and the recruiting coordinator in 2015. Prior to working with the Falcons, Roy Wittke was Eastern Illinois’ offensive coordinator for 17 seasons. He’s also coached at Arkansas, Arizona State and Northern Illinois.

Sean Edinger, assistant athletics director for athletic performance for football

Edinger oversaw the strength and conditioning for all of Bowling Green’s sports the past two years. Before that, he held the same position at EIU starting in 2012 until he left for the BGSU. He’s also worked in the strength departments at Missouri, Central Missouri and at Haskell Indian Nations University. He was a member of the U.S. national karate team for five years.

Jeff Sobol, assistant strength and conditioning coach for football

Sobol was Bowling Green’s assistant director of strength and conditioning in 2015. He graduated from Eastern Illinois and was a three-year starter on the Panthers’ defensive line from 2006-08. He also played three seasons in the Arena Football League.