Best Of

Best late night eats for finals week

Take a study break and get your Jimmy John's fix during finals week.

It’s no secret that Marshall Street is perfect for a drunken Saturday night binge. Luckily, the food you can find on campus late at night is just as good sober. Sadly, this week we’re all going to be a bit more sober than usual and a lot more sleep deprived. That’s right, it’s time for finals. Here is a guide to all of the best late night eats for when you need a study break.

Dining Halls

During finals week, SU Food Services always puts together a fourth meal for students from 9:30p.m. to midnight. This semester, the meals will run December 13th through the 17th. There isn’t a full spread like the regular day meals, but there is a special each night. It is the perfect way to have a little fun before returning back to the soul-sucking studying awaiting you in your dorm room. Here’s the lowdown on the menu for finals week.

Each night has vegan and gluten free options served, as well.

Sunday – Breakfast Food and Fruit Salad
Monday – Grilled Cheese Bar, Soup and Sushi
Tuesday – Mac & Cheese Station and Caesar, Kale and Spinach Salads
Wednesday – Specialty Pizza and Veggie Kabobs
Thursday – Finger Foods and Wraps

Jimmy John’s

Have the Jimmy John’s delivery guy bike on over with a steaming hot sandwich from the Marshall Street favorite. It’s cheap and it’s open until 3 a.m., what could be better?

Dunkin’ Donuts

Grab a large coffee (or three) any time between 5 a.m. and 12 a.m. at this ‘Cuse favorite. Grab a donut while you’re there. Treat yo’ self.

Acropolis Pizza House

Anyone who has ever been drunk in Syracuse  has eaten Acropolis Pizza. It is incredibly cathartic at 1 a.m. to fill your body with grease, trust us. Open until 1:25 a.m. Monday through Wednesday, 1:45 a.m. Thursday through Saturday, and 11:45 p.m. on Sunday.

Insomnia Cookies

To foster solidarity in misery, order a box of cookies to nom on with your friends while you pretend to study but really just stress yourself out. If you haven’t before, try the Double Chocolate Mint cookie. You might pass out because it is so good. We would never exaggerate about that. Open until 3 a.m. seven nights a week.

Calio’s

For a hearty calzone chuck full of regrettable calories and deliciousness, look no further than our resident Calio’s. The Chicken Bacon Ranch Calzone is actually mind-numbing. Amazing. Words can’t describe how we feel about it. Open until 4 a.m. seven days a week.

Pita Pit

Is there any problem a gyro pita couldn’t fix? The answer to that question is clearly no. Order this whenever having a particularly rough study session and need something delicious that won’t make you feel the need to workout for 6 hours to make up for eating it. Open until 3 a.m. Sunday through Wednesday and 4 a.m. Thursday through Saturday.

Wings Over Syracuse

Well priced and delicious, Wings Over provides waffle fries and almost too-good-to-be-true wings. Their delivery is quick and inexpensive, perfect for poor college kids in need of a snack. Open until 1 a.m. Sunday through Wednesday and 3 a.m. Thursday through Saturday.