Dylan Donahue, Ben Williams and Brandon Mullins earn preseason All-American honors

Logan Reidsma | Photo Editor

Ben Williams was one of three Syracuse players to be named a second-team All-American by Inside Lacrosse. He won 67.4 percent of the faceoffs he took last season.

Senior attack Dylan Donahue, senior defender Brandon Mullins and junior midfielder/face-off specialist Ben Williams were named preseason second-team All-Americans by Inside Lacrosse on Tuesday.

Syracuse’s trio was voted to the Atlantic Coast Conference’s preseason first team Monday by the conference’s coaches. All three were also Tewaaraton Award nominees in 2015.

Donahue totaled a team-high 50 goals as well as 21 assists, good for third on the team, last season. He is the only starting attack returning for the Orange in 2016. His 71 points ranked second on the team and 126 shots ranked first.

Williams won 256-of-380 faceoffs in 2015, good for 67.4 percent and second best in the country behind only Denver’s Trevor Baptiste. His 153 groundballs, most coming on faceoffs, were more than triple anyone else for SU.

Mullins led Syracuse with 14 caused turnovers last season. He has made the All-ACC team each of the past two seasons and anchors a defense that must replace starting goalie Bobby Wardwell and defender Sean Young.