Syracuse basketball does not receive a single vote in preseason AP Top 25

Frankie Prijatel | Staff Photographer

Syracuse is not ranked, and didn't receive any votes for the preseason AP Top 25 poll. It is the first time the Orange is not ranked in the preseason poll since the start of the 2009–10 season.

The first Associated Press poll of the season came out Monday, and Syracuse basketball did not receive a vote. It is the first time since the 2009–10 season that the Orange is not ranked in the preseason poll.

Four Atlantic Coast Coast teams made the Top 25, including North Carolina (No. 1), Duke (No. 5), Virginia (No. 6) and Notre Dame (No. 19). Four other teams received votes for the Top 25, including Miami (48 votes), Louisville (46), North Carolina State (19) and Florida State (18). Fittingly, Syracuse was picked to finish ninth in the ACC in a conference media poll on Wednesday.

In Syracuse’s nonconference schedule, Wisconsin checked in at No. 17 and Gonzaga, Connecticut and Michigan — teams the Orange could potentially face at the Battle 4 Atlantis — are ranked ninth, 20th and 25th, respectively. Georgetown, which SU will visit on Dec. 5, received 23 votes and did not make the Top 25.

In the meantime, Syracuse hosts Le Moyne for a 7 p.m. scrimmage Monday and officially opens its season against Lehigh at 7 p.m. in the Carrier Dome on Nov. 13.