Work Wednesday

Alumna has worked for SU Food Services 29 years

Logan Reidsma | Photo Editor

Sue Bracy manages 10 campus cafes, including the Schine food court and the Inn Complete.

As the assistant director of Food Services, Sue Bracy is responsible for 10 cafes on the Syracuse University campus including the food court at Schine Student Center, Kimmel Dining Hall and the Inn Complete.

The Inn Complete was not always a restaurant on South Campus. Until the late 1970s, it was a lodge for a University-operated and owned ski facility. Now, the red building is a popular spot for Syracuse University’s graduate students.

Bracy, an alumna of SU, has been with Food Services for 29 years. Her typical workday has many aspects to it. She plans menus, schedules employees, trains the staff, coordinates market promotions and works with student groups for events.

The Graduate Student Organization works especially close with the Inn Complete as it is a partner with Food Services for the location. Often, the organization will hold events such as wine and beer tastings, wine and paint nights and family pumpkin carvings.

The busiest night at the Inn Complete is Thursday when it hosts a very popular trivia night, Bracy said.

Because the Inn Complete does not advertise to outside of campus, almost all of its customers are members of the campus community. According to Bracy, meeting the needs of the diverse campus population’s schedule can be difficult, but the university crowd that serves as its patrons are great.

While the Inn Complete is heavily geared to graduate students due to its partnership with GSO, the graduate students are not its only focus.

“We work hard to please all of our customers regardless of their age,” Bracy said.

The menu offers a variety of items, including fish and chips to a hummus platter. The buffalo chicken wrap and hamburgers are customer’s favorites, Bracy said.

Bracy said she has learned that the campus community enjoys having the Inn Complete as not only a restaurant, but also a place to meet with friends and host events.

Bracy’s job is not static, and that’s one of her favorite things about it.

“It’s always changing,” said Bracy. “I enjoy the campus atmosphere and helping people.”