Best of

14 Instagram pics for Halloween inspiration

Illustration by Dani Pendergast

Use these pics to get as close to your expectations as possible.

Halloween at Syracuse is no joke. Many of you have had your costumes picked out for weeks, even months. But for those of you who have done next-to-nothing to prepare for this weekend, here is some Instagram inspiration to make this your spookiest Halloween yet.

Makeup

Fawn

Fawn makeup has been all over Instagram this year. It is a great alternative to being the dreaded unoriginal black cat and it isn’t that hard to do with the makeup you already have. Find a tutorial here.

A photo posted by Karla Tran (@kayteetee_vnese) on

Cat

If you have to be a cat, put a little more effort in with this makeup tutorial. No one can call you unoriginal now.

Mime

Feeling like going a little creepier than a kitty or a cute baby deer? This mime is just scary enough to be creepy but won’t discourage anyone from approaching you at the bar.

A photo posted by ☯ nic ☯ (@nicolasturrock) on

Bloody nails

These nails are perfect to add a little scary spice to any costume. Paint them now to be festive for the entire week.

A photo posted by @jessieeclarex on

Costumes

The Joker

Terrifying, easy, comfortable and unisex. What more could you want out of a costume?

A photo posted by @afteryoumrdurden on

Starbucks

The Starbucks cup is a bit of an oldie-but-goodie. It’s a standby for when you just have nothing else to wear on that third night of halloweekend. Spice it up a bit by wearing orange to be a PSL or a white fluffy hat on top of pink clothes to be a Strawberries & Crème Frappuccino.

A photo posted by Machalová Markéta (@mmakyna) on

Bob’s Burgers

This TV show is sure to be a classic for the millennial generation. Dress up as Tina and groan about butts all night long. If you’ve got her accent down, Linda Belcher is a surefire way to get laughs at any party.

A photo posted by Traci Jarrett (@tracijj) on

Charlie Chaplin

Feeling dapper? Slap on some black clothes with a tie, a hat and a mustache and you are this comedic legend from the era of silent film.

A photo posted by Charlie Gilbert (@mrdjchuck) on

Crazy Cat Lady

Have you been begging your roommates to let you get a cat since the turn of the century? Do you Instagram pics of your cats at home on a weekly basis? You are a crazy cat lady, start dressing like one.

A photo posted by @litalchart on

Cotton Candy

If you love pastels and poofy-ness, this is the costume for you. If you’re a hungry, pastel-loving  drunk, just paste cotton candy all over your body for snacks throughout the night.

A photo posted by Bethany Perl (@bethobo) on

Mrs. George

Can I get you guys anything? Some snacks? A condom? Let me know. Oh, God love ya.

A photo posted by Jessica Bondy (@jbondz12) on

Pop Art

Throwing it back to Roy Lichtenstein’s 1960s, these pop art costumes will no doubt win you that costume contest.

Food

And now, halloween food porn. If you plan on hosting a Halloween pregame and you don’t prepare spooky snacks, did you really even try?

Candy fingers

A photo posted by Cate (@burst.of.happiness) on

Healthy options