Police respond to crash near Ernie Davis Hall early Friday morning

Two vehicles collided early Friday morning at the intersection of Thornden Park Drive and Ostrom Avenue, just outside a pair of Syracuse University residence halls.

Around 12:01 a.m., Syracuse Police were dispatched to the intersection, where a grey Toyota Highlander had come to rest on the sidewalk near DellPlain Hall, and a Subaru Legacy sat on the wrong side of Ostrom Avenue. One person was seen in a Syracuse University Ambulance, which left the scene around 12:30 a.m.

An officer with the Syracuse Police Department at the accident said the Highlander appeared to have been going straight onto University Place from Thornden Park Drive when it struck a black Subaru Legacy, heading north on Ostrom Avenue.

The road in which the Highlander pulled out from is a one way street heading into Thornden Park, meaning there was no stop sign.

Those near the scene said the Highlander nearly hit a group of students who were walking near the intersection.

A Domino’s employee was seen walking away from the black Subaru Legacy shortly after the accident occurred. It is unclear whether the employee was involved in the accident. However, a different Domino’s employee came to the scene and picked up a pizza bag and a two liter bottle of Coca Cola that laid near a tree near the sports car and left the scene shortly after.

Department of Public Safety officers stopped traffic from going down Ostrom from the intersection of Waverly and Ostrom Avenues.

The airbags to the Subaru Legacy were dispatched, the right wheel was off its axle and tilted, the right side of the back bumper was nearly off the car and the back right side was severely dented.

As for the Highlander, all of the vehicle except for the back wheels were on the Ostrom Avenue sidewalk. The front of the car was severely damaged.

Other SPD officers on the scene referred questions to the department’s Public Information Office, which has not responded to a phone call seeking information.

SPD officers left the scene just before 1 a.m.