Ervin Philips out 3-4 weeks; updates on Josh Parris and Rob Trudo

Chase Guttman | Asst. Photo Editor

Starting tight end Josh Parris left the game in the first quarter with an upper-body injury. He told offensive coordinator Tim Lester that he's "fine" after the game.

The injury bug continued to nag Syracuse after starting tight end Josh Parris left the game in the first quarter with an upper-body injury and did not return.

He jogged off the field with a team official late in the first quarter after logging one catch for 9 yards, a pass to the left side from Eric Dungey on the first drive of the game.

In the locker room after the game, offensive coordinator Tim Lester walked by Parris and asked him how he was doing.

“I’m fine coach,” Parris responded, as Lester giddily imitated him.

“I think he’s good, from what I’ve heard,” Lester said. “I’ll find out the truth tomorrow.”

Ervin Philips to miss 3-4 weeks

Head coach Scott Shafer announced that hybrid Ervin Philips will miss 3-4 weeks after having a scope procedure done on his meniscus.

“They felt really good about it,” Shafer said. “It was actually real good news for me. He’s in good spirits.”

In Philips’ absence Saturday, Ben Lewis had one rush for 17 yards and freshman Dontae Strickland had a catch for 12 yards. Philips is now likely to miss the game against Louisiana State in two weeks.

Rob Trudo update

Fifth-year senior center Rob Trudo also left the game with an injury in the fourth quarter. After a Wake Forest defender crashed into Trudo’s left knee at the end of a play, Trudo collapsed to his back before being surrounded by trainers for about a minute.

He ended up walking off under his own power, but didn’t re-enter the game.

“I think (he’s OK), from what I’ve heard,” Lester said. “He was dancing around on the sideline at the end.”

Lester also added that with Syracuse holding a comfortable lead late in the game, the most important thing was getting off a clean snap. Backup center Jason Emerich is “great” at that, Lester said.

“We figured, why put (Trudo) back out there when we’re just snapping at the end,” Lester said.