The Basketball Tournament

Top career moments of each Boeheim’s Army Syracuse alum

Baye Moussa Keita will anchor Boeheim's Army inside when it takes on 20th & Olney Sunday at 4:15 p.m.

A collection of former Syracuse basketball players and two others will play their second game in The Basketball Tournament Sunday afternoon. After a 91-73 win over 13th-seeded NYCSuperstars, No. 1 seed Boeheim’s Army will face 20th & Olney, a collection of former La Salle players, on Sunday at 4:15 p.m..

Here are the top moments from the careers of each Syracuse alum on the Boeheim’s Army roster. Not included are Donte Greene and Rick Jackson, who won’t be with the team for Sunday’s game, and Josh Pace, who is no longer on the team.

Baye Moussa Keita – 2013 Big East tournament semifinals vs. Georgetown

Keita anchored fifth-seeded Syracuse against the top-seeded Hoyas en route to a 58-55 overtime win. Keita tied for a team high with 13 points and went a perfect 7-of-7 from the foul line. He pulled down a team-high eight rebounds and played a career-high 41 minutes in SU’s semifinal win.

baye2

Hakim Warrick – “The Block”

With under three seconds remaining in the 2003 national championship, Kansas’ Michael Lee received a pass in the corner from Kirk Hinrich with the Jayhawks trailing by three. He put up a shot from behind the arc that would’ve sent the game to overtime, but Warrick came soaring in to tip the ball and preserve Syracuse’s only national title to this day.

Mookie Jones – December 2009 vs. Oakland

Jones had his career derailed after a promising start, including one game in which he delivered 13 points against Oakland in his redshirt freshman season. The 13 points were a career high and they came in just 16 minutes. He also shot 44.6 percent from 3 that season, good for second on SU’s single-season record list at the time.

Eric Devendorf – The late shot preceding an epic

Devendorf actually had quite a fruitful career with the Orange, averaging 14.5 points per game over his four years. But he’ll be remembered most for a shot that didn’t count, his waved-off buzzer-beater that allowed one of the greatest games in college basketball history to ensue.

Demetris Nichols – February 2007 vs. St. John’s

Nichols went off for a career-high 37 points against the Red Storm in a 76-74 win in the Carrier Dome. It set the Syracuse record for most points scored by an individual in Big East play, which included seven 3-pointers and a string of eight consecutive made baskets in a 23-11 SU run.

Terrence Roberts – 2007 Big East tournament quarterfinals against Notre Dame

Despite SU’s loss, Roberts pulled down 20 rebounds, the most for a Syracuse player in 16 years. Eleven of those were on the offensive glass, and he also added 10 points in a game that was the final nail in Syracuse’s 2007 NCAA tournament hopes.

Lawrence Moten – February 1995 at Villanova

Moten, who averaged over 17 points per game in each of his four years, poured in a career-high 36 against the Wildcats on Valentine’s Day in 1995. His 15 made field goals were the most since Rudy Hackett had 15 in 1975.