School of Information Studies

Krista Canfield, SU alumna, vice president of corporate communications at Gogobot, to speak at iSchool convocation

The School of Information Studies at Syracuse University announced Monday that this semester’s convocation speaker will be Krista Canfield, vice president of corporate communications at Gogobot.

Canfield, who is based out of San Francisco, joined Gogobot in December 2014, but she previously spent seven years working for LinkedIn on corporate, consumer and trade communications.

“Her career is a great model for our students to follow and I am certain she will be a real inspiration for our new graduates,” said iSchool Interim Dean Jeff Stanton in an iSchool news release.

Canfield, a class of 2003 alumna, was announced as the speaker at a gathering of the members of the iSchool’s senior class during an event in Hinds Hall on Monday. Canfield graduated in 2003 from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications with a degree in broadcast and digital journalism and from the Martin J. Whitman School of Management with a degree in finance. She joined the iSchool’s Board of Advisers in 2012.

The iSchool’s convocation ceremony will be held on May 9 at 9 a.m. in the Goldstein Auditorium at the Schine Student Center.

“I hope I can give the students advice and guidance that encourages them to celebrate the diverse backgrounds of others while also continuing to create, grow and break boundaries,” Canfield said in the release.