Syracuse announces basketball exhibition games against Carleton, Adrian

Syracuse will open its 2014-15 season with exhibition games against Carleton (Canada) University and Adrian (Mich.) College, SU Athletics announced in a release Monday.

Unlike the Orange’s Canadian tour that segued into the 2013-14 season, the Orange will host Carleton and Adrian at the Carrier Dome on Nov. 2 and 10, respectively. The times for the games have not yet been announced.

Carleton is arguably the most accomplished Canadian college basketball team, having won four straight Canadian Interuniversity Sport titles and 10 of the last 12. Syracuse played Carleton in Ontario at the start of last season, and won 69-65 in overtime. Adrian is a Division-III program that finished 5-20 last season.

After the two-game exhibition schedule Syracuse will host two games, on Nov. 14 and Nov. 17, to  kick off the 2k Sports Classic. Opponents and game times for those games have also not yet been announced.

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »