Ducks

Duck: Trevor Hass

Asst. Copy Editor | Spring 2013; Asst. Sports Editor | Fall 2013, Spring 2014

Natalie Riess | Art Director

Mom and Dad: Thanks for reading my stories, being such stupendous parents and taking care of Monty. Really excited to see you guys all the time in the summer and fall. I love you both so much.

Dan: What up, doe? How’s it going, Bez? Thanks for being like a brother from another mother. May I place this here? I have been eavesdropping on a lot of your conversations, Charlie. God Blahs that Hass. Mint!

Hybernation: You’ve been a tremendous friend the past three years and are almost as reliable as Mike Campbell. Sorry about how jumbled the housing situation has been. Once we do live together in the spring, we’re gonna have a blast. Our house will be as hoppin’ as AJ’s on a Friday night. Just remember, we’ll always have that Character Connection.

Wilson: We were on four beats together. That’s kind of cool. Traveling to ACC Media Day and the NCAA Tournament was a blast. I don’t know what’s more obvious — that Notre Dame is Notre Dame or that you’re a legend. That’s you in a nutshell! See you in Maryland, and go ‘Zards.

Bailey: You did an awesome job this semester. Thanks for always pushing me (and photo).  Also, thanks for starting the designer spelling bee — that was preposterously entertaining. I. Love. Walter! ‘Skeon! The bottom (it’s my expression)! Bang bang!

Doug: I have no idea what the hell we talk about half the time but there’s never a dull moment, especially when we’re belting Alicia, Gladys or JoJo. You’re gonna dominate next semester, brotha. Just keep relishing like Andre Miller. Quack, quack, baby!

D’Abb: “You’re the man!” While you’re an “incredible” copy editor, you’re an even better friend. I’d trust you with my life, especially in jail — even though I wouldn’t need any help. Congrats on moving up the ranks (and you’re welcome). Phil D’Abb is back, baby! He loves it!

Da Blumsta: Well, would you look at that? It’s a 5-4 Mets win on a walk-off by Doug Mientkiewicz! You’re a sarcastic goon just like I am, and I’m going to miss making fun of Jesse violently typing away at the keyboard. Thanks for dominating the Blum Beat like a boss.

Klinger: Great times covering lacrosse last year, particularly Bwenny Day-wee. Enjoy football and basketball — it’s a lot of fun and I’m sure you’ll shine. Thanks for sharing that Ian Darke video with me; it’s quite the firecracker! If we don’t end up playing tennis this semester, we’ll have to play at some point. If we do, that was fun (at least, I assume it will be).

Schneid: Congrats on becoming a Media Cup legend as a freshman — truly an historic feat.  Keep hoopin’ like Chandler. Congrats on getting in-house, too. You’ll grow a lot as a writer and the late nights are completely worth it. I’ll beat you at ping pong some day (but actually).

Schwed: Leggo! The binky! The top! You’ve gotten a lot better on softball this semester and I’m confident you’ll continue to improve next fall. I’ll miss hanging with you, but I’ll still expect the frequent snap.  Keep spongin’, baby.

Grossman, Raigro, Matty Ice, Piccotti, Ari and Liam: Thanks for always keeping me on my toes. Just kidding, it’s been a pleasure reading with you all.

Casey: You are to The Daily Orange what the Trevor face is to my repertoire: an absolute staple. You’ve done a phenomenal job as EIC; I’m excited to take your place in the fall. Just remember, Hakuna McCullough.

Chase: Thanks for double dipping as Managing Editor and photo connoisseur. Also, thanks for appearing in my COM 346 project; didn’t see that one coming. Though I don’t read your noon notes, I’m sure they’re splendid (just kidding, I read them every once in a while). Also, thanks for complimenting my column writing; it’s always really nice to hear.

Maddy: Good times salsa dancing, even though you had trouble keeping up with my dazzling moves. Thanks for tolerating when I talk about Spain so, so, so much and just how much I like absolutely love it. Like OMG!

Lizzie: Here we have a classic, 14th-century aqueduct, designed by Baroque architect Igor von Schteinberg. You see, it was modeled after King William VVII’s head to accentuate his furrowed brow and aquiline nose. Good times. On the real, have a blast in Denmark! DIS place is gonna miss you big time. You’re honestly one of the most talented people I’ve met at Syracuse and I know you’re going to blow your future employer away, wherever you work.

Lindsay: You’re gonna do a superb job as PD next semester. Hopefully we can play tennis at some point. Good times watching Hyber throw up in the backseat and at the rest stop!

Ankur: Great times in basketball class. You’re money from mid-range. Nice job making Seneca proud. Thanks for making all of our stuff look cool and for giving The Ankur A. Patankar VII Fountain for Aquatic Advancement the name it always needed. Also, thanks for bringing “Hee-ya!” to the sports office. On that note … Hee-ya!

Audrey: Thanks for teaching me how to watch basketball legally and trusting me with a knife. Who in their right mind would trust me with a knife? You’re a nifty copy chief and a genuinely all-around great person. Thanks for joining sports.

Victor and Samar: You guys were stellar copy chiefs and both as friendly as they come.

Iseman: Thanks for hiring me and helping me become a better writer. Oh, and thanks for putting me on women’s basketball with Wilson and Kevin Prise, consequently forming the most lethal dream team ever known to man.

Ryne: Great times at Big East Media Day. That was one of the highlights of my time at The D.O.

Cohen: Thanks for helping me make some big decisions and for being an outstanding person to look up to.

Mark: Thanks for helping convince me that The D.O. was the place to be and for making sure I never (ever) used the word impact erroneously. You’ve really impacted me a lot.

Kevin Prise: You are truly a legend. That is all.

Curt: Thanks for warming me up. I couldn’t have done it without you.

Mettus World Peace, Mara, Clare and Nick: Thanks for snazzing up what we do at The Daily on the daily and tolerating the hullaballoo.

Chloe: Heeeeey Chloe!

Lara and Meredith: Kill it. I know you will.

News: Thanks for welcoming me at 1 a.m. when I’m bored and goofily smiling with me when Casey or Chase comes and kicks me out.

Pulp: A motley, vivacious crew, and one with which I always enjoy schmoozing during pup food.

Photo: Thanks for working extremely hard to help the sports section thrive. We really appreciate all the time and effort you put in.

Natalie: Thanks for drawing this duck. I haven’t seen it yet, naturally, but I’m sure it’ll quack me up, just like your Scribbles. But honestly, who throws a shoe (cc: Wilson)?

Alfred: Brooklyn, baby! That’s all you need to say.

Seegz: Gotta love the fact that you wear a shirt and tie pretty much every day. You’re a professional. Trust yourself and remember that everything always works out when you work hard.

Soccorso: Thanks for ballin’ and being the third roommate we never had.

Nicole: Thanks for being the most upbeat, radiant person I know and brightening my day.

To the bathroom office: Thanks for always being there.

To everyone at 744: Thanks for chanting “Whose house? Hass’ house,” laughing at my bad jokes and making The Daily Orange such an incredible place to work. I’ll miss you all.