Crepe and Gelato Boulevard opens on Marshall Street

Campus is quiet with many Syracuse University students gone for Spring Break, but the Crepe and Gelato Boulevard on Marshall Street is open for business.

With the Monster Jam event at the Carrier Dome on the same day, there was a crowd for the shop’s opening on Saturday.

“It was a very busy, very long day for me,” said Meshi Cohen, the owner of the shop.

In addition to offering crepes and gelato, the shop serves coffee and waffles.  The shop makes its own gelato, and the most popular options include hazelnut, dark chocolate and peanut butter.

The shop’s hours are 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday, but Meshi said the hours may change.

Meshi and her brother, Noam Cohen, first opened a shop in Israel, but after visiting Syracuse three years ago, Meshi said she loved it here.

“I really like the energy, the people and the students,” Meshi said. “It’s very fun.”

Crepe and Gelato Boulevard has another location downtown in Clinton Square.  That shop is closed for the winter season, but will re-open in a month, Meshi said.

Meshi said she cannot wait for students to return to SU.

“I think the students will love it,” she said.

Marika Cleto, a junior advertising and psychology dual major, went to Crepe and Gelato Boulevard Saturday with her boyfriend.

“It was amazing,” Cleto said. “It’s the perfect dessert place after a meal.”