Caz Limo stops operations

UPDATED: Feb. 19, 2014, 11:21 p.m.

A transportation service that operated shuttle services at Syracuse University has closed.

A letter was posted on the front of Caz Limo’s East Syracuse headquarters Wednesday explaining that the company has closed after 13 years, according to a Feb. 19 News Channel 9 article. The letter gave no explanation for the closure other than the company’s “financial situation.”

Kevin Quinn, senior vice president for public affairs at SU, said in a statement that the university was notified of Caz Limo’s plans to close and made arrangements to maintain transportation for students.

“Syracuse University did receive advance notification from Caz Limo about service disruption on our James Street, Nob Hill, and Warehouse bus routes,” Quinn said. “We worked with two other vendors, including Centro, on replacement transportation to ensure students would not be affected.”

Patricia Dugal, Caz Limo’s president, did not immediately return a call for comment on the company’s status. There are no documents on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records website about Caz Limo filing for bankruptcy. PACER is a database used to access federal court dockets and cases.

Scot Vanderpool, manager for Parking and Transit Services at SU, said in an email that he couldn’t immediately comment but the university is “working on a response” about the closing’s effect on the university’s transportation.

Asst. News Editors Ellen Meyers and Brett Samuels contributed reporting to this article.