University Union

CollegeHumor Live event to be held in Goldstein Auditorium Feb. 19

UPDATED: Jan. 21, 1:08 a.m.

University Union will host “CollegeHumor Live” on Feb. 19 in Goldstein Auditorium at 8 p.m.

CollegeHumor is a website that features original comedy videos and articles.

Tickets for the show will go on sale at the Schine Student Center Box Office on Jan. 21 at 11 a.m. Ticket sales are open to all Syracuse University and SUNY¬-ESF students, faculty and staff for $5. Doors will open at 7:15 p.m. the night of the show, according to a UU press release.

“As the name suggests, CollegeHumor is intended for college students,” said Mitchell Mason, director of public relations for UU, in an email. “With the growing popularity of College Humor’s original content, we realized the potential of these comedians in a college setting like SU.”

Kiana Schmitt, a freshman writing and rhetorical studies major, said she is excited to finally see a comedy show. When Kate McKinnon and Vanessa Bayer of “Saturday Night Live” performed at SU in October, Schmitt said she was unable to attend the event.

“I hope to be able to go this time,” she said. “I watch them on YouTube and they’re really funny. I didn’t know that they did live shows.”

CollegeHumor comedians Jake Hurwitz, Amir Blumenfeld, Streeter Seidell and Syracuse University alumnus Dan Gurewitch will perform in the show.

Hurwitz and Blumenfeld are also known for their web series, “Jake & Amir,” which was picked up for television by TBS in December.

“I love Jake and Amir,” said Tyra Booker, an undecided freshman in the College of Arts and Sciences. “They’re f*cking hilarious.”