Pulp

Princeton Review ranks Syracuse University as No. 5 top party school

C.J. Fair won’t be the only one wearing No. 5 this year.

The Princeton Review is in. Raise your Solo cup because Syracuse University has taken the No. 5 spot among top party schools in the country. Last year, SU was ranked No. 10.

More than 126,000 college students are surveyed nationwide to collect these findings. An average of 333 students per campus are asked a series of 80 questions. Students are asked to rate things on a five-point scale.

University of Iowa was deemed this year’s top party school. The others in the ‘big five’ are the University of California, Santa Barbara, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and West Virginia University.

According to Princeton Review senior vice president Robert Franek, lists are based completely on students’ opinions. The Princeton Review has published “The Best 378 Colleges” book annually since 1992. It includes 62 lists.

Though the No. 5 spot is one of SU’s best, the university is used to the attention. Last year, SU was Forbes Magazine’s No. 123 overall school, No. 92 private college and No. 57 in the Northeast.

SU is known for its staple-days like the welcome-back Juice Jam concert (this year to be the first student-run festival-style concert on campus) and the right-before-Spring-finals, unofficial “day drink” — MayFest and Block Party.