Commencement 2013

Schools to host convocation ceremonies

Every Syracuse University school and college, as well as SUNY-ESF, will host individual convocation ceremonies for their graduating seniors. An overall commencement ceremony will be held Sunday in the Carrier Dome.

The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs convocation for graduate students will take place on Friday, May 10, at 10 a.m. at Hendricks Chapel. A reception will follow in the Maxwell Hall Hoyer, which is located on the first floor of Maxwell, according to the SU commencement website.

The School of Architecture will host the graduation of its seniors in Crouse College’s Setnor Auditorium at 10 a.m. on Saturday. There will be a reception following the ceremony in Slocum Hall’s atrium, according to the website.

The College of Arts and Sciences’ undergraduate convocation will take place in the Dome on Saturday at 9 a.m. Gates A, B and E will open at 7 a.m. Various receptions will be held on the Quad after the convocation, according to the website.

The convocation for Arts and Sciences master’s degree candidates will take place in Setnor Auditorium at 2 p.m. The reception for the graduates will be at Strasser Commons, which is on the second floor of Eggers Hall.

The School of Education’s convocation will be held in Manley Field House at noon on Saturday. There will be a reception following the ceremony under a tent at Manley.

The undergraduate convocation for the L.C. Smith College of Engineering and Computer Science will take place at Manley at 9 a.m. Gates will open at 7 a.m., and guests should enter through the Comstock Avenue side. A reception will follow at the Drumlins Country Club, which is located at 800 Nottingham Road.

The L.C. Smith convocation for master’s and doctoral candidates will be held in Hendricks at 1 p.m. The reception will be at Milton Atrium in the Life Sciences Complex at 2 p.m.

The State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry will host the graduation of its seniors at the John H. Mulroy Civic Center at 1 p.m. on Saturday.

The School of Information Studies convocation will be held in Goldstein Auditorium in the Schine Student Center at 9 a.m on Saturday. Gates will open at 7:30 a.m. The reception will take place in Hinds Hall.

The Martin J. Whitman School of Management will host its undergraduate convocation in the Dome at 3:30 p.m on Saturday. Guests should enter through Gates A, B or E. A reception will follow on the Quad.

The master’s and doctoral convocation for Whitman will take place in Goldstein Auditorium at 12:30 p.m on Saturday. A reception will follow the ceremony at the Flaum Grand Hall in Whitman.

The S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications’ convocation will take place in the Dome at noon on Saturday. Guests should enter through gates A, B or E. The reception will be at 2 p.m. in a tent on the Quad.

The David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics will hold its convocation in Manley at 4 p.m on Saturday. A reception will be held in a tent on the lawn of the field house.

The convocation of the College of Visual and Performing Arts will take place in the Dome at 7 p.m. on Saturday. Guests should enter through Gates A, B or E. A reception will follow the ceremony in a tent on the Quad.