Pulp

Warehouse to feature question-based art gallery

The “FAQ: Fearlessly Asked Questions” exhibit, created by the museum studies graduate program of the College of Visual and Performing Arts, will explore the human experience of questioning, beginning April 10.

The exhibit will be open to the public from April 10 to May 1 in the Sue and Leon Genet Gallery at The Warehouse, according to a VPA press release.

The gallery will feature a variety of interdisciplinary works, including pieces focusing on history, science and pop culture, drawing attention to the importance of questioning. The artwork at the gallery will be organized by question categories based on these disciplines.

The gallery will be split into two rooms: one that moves through the significance of questioning in history, and another that focuses more on the contemporary importance of questioning. The curator stated on the gallery website this organization will create “a journey for visitors” that becomes more personal as the artwork becomes more current.

The questions about the exhibit will explore the artwork on both a societal and individual level, according to the press release.

The event is enhanced by an interactive website that has recordings about the gallery’s art. The event also has an active presence and following on social media.

The exhibit’s goal is to represent the human condition of questioning in beautiful, educational and symbolic ways, according to the website. The website also demonstrates how to expand learning and how questions can be viewed through art.

Graduate students’ recorded information about the gallery’s featured art can also be found on the website, allowing visitors to hear additional information about “FAQ.” Additionally, it allows graduate students to record their own opinions about the exhibition as feedback.

A reception for the exhibit’s main opening will be held at The Warehouse Auditorium on April 12 from 5-8 p.m. following the soft opening on April 10. There will also be a panel discussion about the exhibit from 5:30-6:15 p.m. as a part of the reception.