University Union

DJ duo The Chainsmokers will headline MayFest concert in Walnut Park

DJ duo The Chainsmokers has been added to the list of opening acts at Friday’s Mayfest in Walnut Park.

Syracuse University alumnus Drew Taggart and Alex Pall make up the New York City-based group, who will open alongside electronic artist Sound Remedy and DJ Aylen for headliner Earl Sweatshirt.

The Chainsmokers have played alongside electronic heavyweights Avicii, Steve Aoki and Calvin Harris, all of whom have performed in Syracuse within the past two years. The pair is known for blending rock, hip-hop, soul and dubstep into their house sets.

The duo signed to DJ company 4 a.m. in 2012, and since then have performed at events for Christian Dior, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York, Art Basel-Miami Beach and Sundance Film Festival. The Chainsmokers have also played alongside Jay-Z, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Busta Rhymes, Usher, Ne-Yo and Drake, among others.

Entry to Mayfest is free for SU and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry students with a valid ID. Graduate students may purchase tickets at the Schine Box Office for $21.50, and a limited number of guest tickets are available for the same price.

Mayfest will offer free food, as well as complimentary beer for students 21 and up. There will also be free samples from RedBull available during opening act DJ Aylen and in between set changes.

For more information, contact Sarah Fleisher, director of public relations for University Union, at [email protected].