University Union

DJ Pauly D to perform in Goldstein Auditorium on Feb. 21

DJ Pauly D of “Jersey Shore” fame will perform in Goldstein Auditorium on Thursday, Feb. 21, as part of Syracuse University’s Winter Carnival.

The concert is listed on the Schine Student Center box office calendar online. University Union planned to announce the Pauly D show on Sunday. Tickets for the show, which will begin at 7:30 p.m., are $10 for students, faculty and staff, according to the box office website.

The concert has not officially been announced. A spokesperson from University Union declined to comment on the online leak.

Pauly D, whose real name is Paul DelVecchio, grew to fame as a housemate on MTV’s “Jersey Shore.” He earned his own MTV spinoff, “The Pauly D Project,” which lasted one season on MTV.

As a music artist, Pauly D released his first single in January off his upcoming debut album. The song, “Back To Love,” features Jay Sean.

Pauly D performed at Turning Stone Resort Casino’s Lava nightclub in November.

In July, Juice Jam’s headliner, electronic dance music DJ Calvin Harris, leaked his University Union concert date through his official website. This marks the second headlining act to leak prior to an official announcement this year for UU shows.

Posse program changes disappoint, empower current SU scholars

The university announced about a month ago that SU would now only provide scholarships for future Posse scholars from Miami and would stop scholars from Atlanta and Los Angeles. But following a protest of the decision on Sept. 19, administrators announced they were rethinking the changes and on Monday decided to continue the Atlanta Posse for one more year. Although the changes will not affect current Posse scholars, the uncertainty surrounding the program has strengthened the Posse community on campus. Read more »