2013 Lacrosse Season Preview

Coming Thursday: 2013 Syracuse lacrosse season preview

Brandon Weight | Staff Photographer

The Daily Orange's 2013 lacrosse season preview comes out on Thursday. Pick it up to read about the biggest storylines surrounding this year's team, as it looks to return to prominence after a 9-8 record and first-round exit from the NCAA tournament in 2012.

Check out Thursday’s issue of The Daily Orange for a special insert previewing the 2013 Syracuse men’s and women’s lacrosse teams. The Syracuse men’s lacrosse team opens its season Sunday in the Carrier Dome against Albany, and the women’s team plays its home opener against Maryland Sunday as well.

Look in the issue for comprehensive features on the men’s team’s attempt to return to prominence following a disappointing 9-8 season in 2012. Some of the stories include:

• An extensive profile on SU’s returning leading goalscorer, attack Derek Maltz;
  • A look at defender Brandon Mullins’ decision to stick with lacrosse at Syracuse over an offer to play football at Notre Dame;
  • A preview of the preseason No. 1 women’s lacrosse team, focusing on the unique goalkeeping duo Syracuse employs in the net

There’s also a peak at the men’s Big East conference as a whole, and our beat writers make their predictions for the season.

Be sure to grab a copy on newsstands Thursday or as you head into the Carrier Dome for Sunday’s lacrosse doubleheader.