Crime

Student robbed outside Brewster/Boland/Brockway Complex

A Syracuse University student was knocked to the ground and robbed near the Brewster/Boland/Brockway Complex early Saturday morning, according to a Syracuse Police Department news release.

The student was walking between the VA hospital and the complex at 3:25 a.m. outside 401 Van Buren St., according to the release. The robber threatened to stab the student, and took his wallet, money, credit card, keys and ID.

No weapon was shown, and the student wasn’t harmed, according to the release.

The robber is described as male, black, 5 feet 11 inches, between 160-180 lbs. and was wearing a gray ski mask and hooded sweatshirt during the robbery, according to the the release.

Anyone with information is asked to contact SPD.

• Bostonway

What? Why isn’t Cantor’s ‘love the community, coddle the poor (minorities), save the world’ rainbow mission BS not preventing acts like this from happening? What a joke. She can’t leave SU too soon!

• commenter30898

It’s going to keep happening until these scumbags end up behind bars or 6 feet under. So either increase police patrols of the area or change University policy to encourage gun ownership. Preferably both.

• John Q

DPS needs to patrol that area more often. I remember when I lived there for two years. It was lonesome and was accessible from the street. That little alleyway style path should be patrolled an interceptor vehicle, just like those used by the NYPD. BBB has 24 hour RSA security. I don’t understand why they don’t have 24 patrol on a strip of walkway connecting the VA with BBB and main campus, especially when its connected to the street.

• todd gerber

Brewster Boland just totally sucks ass. Anyone who lives there has my sympathy. I was stuck in that shithole for freshman year in 1977. I’ll never forget how loooooooooooong that year was. UGH.