Sam Maller | Asst. Photo EditorNews
Pipe bursts at hair salon on Marshall Street; water seeps into Chipotle Mexican Grill
A water pipe burst at Tony Christopher Hair Design on Wednesday night, setting off an alarm at Chipotle Mexican Grill, located below the hair salon.
Five Syracuse Fire Department vehicles responded to the alarm activation at about 10:30 p.m., said Bob Cussen, SFD district chief. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered a broken water pipe on the second floor had triggered the alarm.
Firefighters shut off the water and brought in shop vacuums to get rid of the water, Cussen said.
The water also caused some problems at Chipotle after seeping through the ceiling, Cussen said.
A few people were in Chipotle at the time, Cussen said, but no one was in the hair salon. No one was ever in any danger.
Cussen said the owner of Tony Christopher had been notified about the incident and was on his way to the scene.
The owner of Chipotle declined to comment.
Fifteen minutes after the pipe burst, several Chipotle employees were still inside the restaurant.
Contact Nicki: firstname.lastname@example.org
Man of faith: Thomas Wolfe uses role as dean of Hendricks, student affairs to connect with SU students, faculty, staff
Thomas Wolfe has many talents. He can ride a unicycle, craft a perfect tuna noodle casserole and bring a community together in the face of… Read more »
UPDATED: May 23, 2013 at 9:09 p.m. Six Syracuse University students appeared in court Thursday after being arrested during a fight outside of Faegan’s Cafe… Read more »
PHILADELPHIA — John Desko and Bill Tierney’s chess matches have a certain ebb and flow. One team tries to get up and down the field,… Read more »